Little Villagers’ Literacy & Math 4 & 5 - May & June
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Ages: 4-5 years old
Join Ms. Dana for small-group literacy & math instruction. Ms. Dana uses sensory-based instruction to ensure all learners attain necessary foundational literacy & math skills. The literacy programs is an Orton-Gillingham based program that engages auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners by using direct instruction, arts & crafts, and musical activities. Orton-Gillingham is the leader in literacy education, used for students with dyslexia it is an intensive research-based proven approach. The math program is a multi-sensory based program that is aligned with state standards. This research-based program engages students in understanding math concepts through the use of manipulatives and multisensory activities.
- Ages 4-5 (must be potty trained)
- May 3 - June 11 (No class May 31st)
- 3 times a week for 2 hours a session (9-11AM; Tuesday-Thursday)
- Orton-Gillingham based literacy program, multisensory math program
- includes a storytime, craft, & direct sensory literacy instruction by a seasoned educator
- must be paid in full in order to reserve a spot. Due to the limited number of students, this payment is non-refundable.
- 7 years as a special education inclusion teacher
- Certified in Elementary Education & Special Education (K-12)
- Masters in Education from Rutgers University
- Masters in Educational Leadership from William Paterson University
- 1 of only 10 recipients of the Leaders as Learners Grant
- There will be a maximum of 5 students in a group.
- There will only be 1 educator for each group.
- Students will receive their own materials and will not be sharing (each student will have a bag labeled with their materials provided by The Village).
- Each student will receive copies of the books used in class in order to limit shared materials.
- Due to the current circumstances, we ask that this be a drop-off class. Parents are welcome to wait outside on our café seating.
- Students must be potty trained.
- Students' temperature will be taken every morning using a non-touch thermometer.
- No students with a runny nose, cough, or any other signs of contagious illness will be permitted. If a student is returning after being ill, he or she must provide a doctor's note of clearance.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
*If you are interested in one-on-one tutoring or smaller group instruction please contact us directly for information.
*There will be no refund for absenteeism or snow closures. In the case of mandatory long-term (one week or more) state closures, we will refund the prorated amount of days remaining or provide credit for the following classes.