Little Villagers' Literacy & Math 2's & 3's Class - March
Join Ms. Maya for a fun-filled sensory-literacy instruction. Ms. Maya uses sensory-based instruction to ensure all learners attain necessary foundational literacy skills. This Orton-Gillingham based program engages auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners by using direct instruction, arts & crafts, and musical activities. Orton-Gillingham is the leader in literacy education, used for students with dyslexia it is an intensive research-based proven approach.
- Ages 2.5-3 years (must be potty trained)
- March (Tuesdays & Thursdays) No holidays
- 2 times a week for 2 hours a session (9 AM-11 AM; Tuesday, Thursday)
- Orton-Gillingham based program
- Classes include a storytime, craft, & direct sensory literacy instruction
- The balance must be paid in full in order to reserve a spot. Due to the limited number of students, this payment is non-refundable.
- Ms. Maya has 6 years of experience as a teacher’s assistant at the George Washington School where she prepared lessons, worked closely with students and made lasting connections with families and staff.
- There will be a maximum of 5 students in a group.
- There will only be 1 educator for each group.
- Students will receive their own materials and will not be sharing (each student will have a bag labeled with their materials provided by The Village).
- Each student will receive copies of the books used in class in order to limit shared materials.
- Due to the current circumstances, this is a drop-off only program. If parents choose to wait, they are welcome to use our outside seating.
- Students must be potty trained.
- Students' temperature will be taken every morning using a non-touch thermometer.
- No students with a runny nose, cough, or any other signs of contagious illness will be permitted.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
*If you are interested in one-on-one tutoring or smaller group instruction please contact us directly for information.