Little Villagers' Literacy & Math 3’s Class - February
Monday Wednesday Friday
9 AM-11 AM
Ages: 3 years old
Join Ms. Maya for small-group literacy & math instruction. Ms. Maya will use sensory-based instruction to ensure all learners attain necessary foundational literacy & math skills. The literacy programs is an Orton-Gillingham based program that engages auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners by using direct instruction, arts & crafts, and musical activities. Orton-Gillingham is the leader in literacy education, used for students with dyslexia it is an intensive research-based proven approach. The multisensory math program ensures children gain a strong understanding of number sense and mathematical concepts such as computation and problem-solving skills.
Ms. Maya will also be instructing the Wednesday STEM & Art classes in the first-floor play space. During these sessions, students will be engaged in a variety of activities that connect with the skills taught on Monday & Friday.
- Age 3 (must be potty trained)
- February 1-26 (no holidays)
- 3 times a week for 2 hours a session (9 AM-11 AM; Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Monday & Friday Literacy & Math; Wednesday project-based STEM & Art Class on the first floor
- Orton-Gillingham based literacy program
- Multisensory Math program
- Must be paid in full in order to reserve a spot. Due to the limited number of students, this payment is non-refundable.
- 5 student maximum
- Ms. Maya has 6 years of experience as a teacher’s assistant at the George Washington School where she prepared lessons, worked closely with students and made lasting connections with families and staff.
- There will be a maximum of 5 students in a group.
- Students will receive their own materials and will not be sharing (each student will have a box labeled with their materials provided by The Village).
- Each student will receive copies of the books used in class in order to limit shared materials.
- Due to the current circumstances, we ask that this be a drop-off class. Parents are welcome to wait in the waiting area on the first floor.
- Students must be potty trained.
- Students' temperature will be taken every morning using a non-touch thermometer.
- No students with a runny nose, cough, or any other signs of contagious illness will be permitted. Parents must submit a doctor's note once a child returns from being ill.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Please note that there will be no refunds under any circumstances as space is very limited.
*If you are interested in one-on-one tutoring or smaller group instruction please contact us directly for information.
*There will be no refund for absenteeism or snow closures. In the case of mandatory long-term (one week or more) state closures, we will refund the prorated amount of days remaining or provide credit for the following classes.