Little Villagers' Literacy & Math 3’s Class - October (12 sessions)
Monday Wednesday Friday
9 AM-11 AM
Ages: 3 years old
Join Ms. Maya for small-group literacy & math instruction. Ms. Maya will use sensory-based instruction to ensure all learners attain necessary foundational literacy & math skills. The literacy programs is an Orton-Gillingham based program that engages auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners by using direct instruction, arts & crafts, and musical activities. Orton-Gillingham is the leader in literacy education, used for students with dyslexia it is an intensive research-based proven approach. The Touch Math program ensures children gain a strong understanding of number sense and mathematical concepts such as computation and problem-solving skills.
Ms. Aqsa and Ms. Maya will be instructing the Wednesday STEM & Art classes in the first-floor play space. During these sessions, students will be engaged in a variety of activities that connect with the skills taught on Monday & Friday.
- Age 3 (must be potty trained)
- October 5-October 30 (12 sessions)
- 3 times a week for 2 hours a session (9 AM-11 AM; Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Monday & Friday Literacy & Math; Wednesday project-based STEM & Art Class on the first floor
- Orton-Gillingham based literacy program
- Touch Math program
- must be paid in full in order to reserve a spot. Due to the limited number of students, this payment is non-refundable.
- 5 student maximum
- 2 instructors on Wednesdays, 1 instructor on Mondays & Fridays
- Ms. Maya has 6 years of experience as a teacher’s assistant at the George Washington School where she prepared lessons, worked closely with students, and made lasting connections with families and staff.
- Ms. Aqsa has five years of experience in childcare and tutoring. She is currently studying at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Ms. Aqsa's creativity skills and knowledge in STEM has led her to develop engaging STEM lessons and activities for children.
- There will be a maximum of 5 students in a group.
- Students will receive their own materials and will not be sharing (each student will have a box labeled with their materials provided by The Village).
- Each student will receive copies of the books used in class in order to limit shared materials.
- Due to the current circumstances, we ask that this be a drop-off class. Parents are welcome to wait in the waiting area on the first floor.
- Students must be potty trained.
- Students' temperature will be taken every morning using a non-touch thermometer.
- No students with a runny nose, cough, or any other signs of contagious illness will be permitted.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Please note that there will be no refunds under any circumstances as space is very limited.
*If you are interested in one-on-one tutoring or smaller group instruction please contact us directly for information.